Waitomo Caves, Picnic Lunch and Hobbiton Movie Set (Auckland-Rotorua) - (from 1st October - 30th May 24')
Experience guided tours of the Hobbiton Movie Set and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves on this full-day sightseeing tour
A hidden gem near the township of Matamata, the Hobbiton Movie Set is a world-famous film location of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.
See Hobbit Holes, stroll through the lush gardens, and learn how this private farm became Middle-earth.
After a tasty lunch at The Green Dragon Inn, visit the enchanting Waitomo Glowworm Caves for a guided 45-minute tour through this underground wonder, seeing stalactites, stalagmites, and sparkling glowworms.
Useful Tip: A complimentary pick-up and drop-off service is provided from various inner-city hotels.
- Full day tour
- Operates daily
- Departs and returns: Sky City Coach Terminal
- Complimentary Hotel pick-up/drop-off is available
- Spacious and scenic coach travel with commentary
- Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Banquet lunch at the Green Dragon Inn
- Guided tour of Waitomo Caves
Free WiFi available on board