Enjoy 14 magnificent nights touring the North and South Islands.
Travel by coach from Auckland to Rotorua via the spectacular Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton. Spend 2 nights in Rotorua and enjoy a half-day city tour. Travel by coach to Napier via Taupo for one night and then continue by coach to explore Wellington for two nights. Catch the ferry across to Picton for a one night stay before catching your Coastal Pacific train to Christchurch for two nights. Venture on to explore Queenstown, Wanaka & Franz Josef ending your adventure in Greymouth.
NOTE: The Coastal Pacific train runs daily throughout the summer season between Christchurch and Picton. The 2019/20 season begins on 27 September 2019 through to 26 April 2020. Outside of these dates you will travel by coach from Picton to Christchurch.
Short Break Inclusions
- Full day coach tour from Auckland to Rotorua including a guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set, Lunch at the Green Dragon Inn, Guided tour of Waitomo Caves , Scenic coach travel and commentary
- 2 nights in a central 3-star Rotorua City Hotel (Ibis Rotorua or similar)
- Half day coach tour of Rotorua including Te Puia Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, Thermal Reserve, Agrodome sheep show, Rainbow Springs Nature Park & Skyline Gondola ride. Free WiFi available on board
- Coach travel from Rotorua to Napier with a break in Taupo
- 1 night in a central Napier hotel and nearly 24 hours to explore
- Coach travel from Napier to Wellington
- 2 nights in a central 3-star Wellington hotel
- Half-day Wellington City and Bays Tour including the Beehive and Parliament buildings, Historic architecture, Botanic Gardens and Mount Victoria, Wellington harbour and coastline
- Interislander Ferry journey from Wellington to Picton
- 1 night in a 3-star Picton hotel
- Coastal Pacific Train journey from Picton to Christchurch. The Coastal Pacific train operates between the delightful port of Picton - the gateway to the beautiful Marlborough Sounds - to Kaikoura - the home of whale watching and onto Christchurch - the South Island's largest city. Your journey takes you through the wine growing region of Blenheim to the rugged Kaikoura mountain ranges on one side of your train, the Pacific Ocean coastline on the other with views of marine wildlife such as seals and penguins to some of New Zealand's finest horticultural and farmland areas of the Canterbury Plains, all from the comfort of your carriage. NOTE: The Coastal Pacific train runs daily throughout the summer season between Christchurch and Picton. The 2019/20 season begins on 27 September 2019 through to 26 April 2020. Outside of these dates you will travel by coach from Picton to Christchurch.
- 2 nights in a central 3-star Christchurch hotel
- Full day coach tour from Christchurch to Queenstown via Mt Cook including the Canterbury Plains, Lake Tekapo and Lake Pukaki, Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park & Mackenzie Country scenery. Free WiFi available on board
- 3 night 3 star hotel stay in Queenstown
- Full day tour in a luxury glass roof coach from Queenstown to Milford Sound return. Enjoy Milford Road scenic stops like Mirror Lakes, Homer TunnelFiordland National Park & a Scenic cruise. Includes buffet lunch: a selection of delicious hot and cold international dishes including: chicken, lamb, beef stew, fish, mussels, steamed vegetables, Asian dishes, rice, noodles, assorted salads, fresh bread rolls, ice cream and fruit. Wifi available on GreatSights coach
- Travel by coach from Queenstown to Wanaka
- 1 night 3 star hotel stay in Wanaka
- Travel by coach from Wanaka to Franz Josef
- 2 night motel stay at Franz Josef
- Day at leisure at Franz Josef to explore the area or join a tour
- Travel by coach from Franz Josef to Greymouth where your own arrangements begin
Terms and Conditions
Price and itinerary are subject to change and availability. Please refer to your booking confirmation for final details.
Click here for our full terms and conditions.